Sunday 16 October 2011

Sport

Today was a slow day. It was a slow week, in fact. It gets like this when there's only a few weeks left in the uni year and holidays are looming just over the horizon. I'm not really having to study too hard at the moment though, so I thought I'd take it easy and spend most of the weekend watching sport.

I couldn't find any pics of Saber in a suit that I liked, so this'll have to do

Well, most people probably wouldn't consider Starcraft a sport. I actually missed most of the first two days of MLG, but managed to catch a few today. None of the games I saw were particularly amazing, and I only saw a bit of Tastosis before getting stuck with Day9 and DJWheat. I doubt I'll wake up early enough to watch any more games tomorrow, so I'll probably just live with whatever highlights I read about afterwards. I'm watching less Starcraft than I used to. It's not that I'm sick of it, but games are played so often that I've become a little burned out on it, and now I only seem to watch the ending stages of the GSLs, and the odd bit of other tournaments.

I also watched a couple of games of rugby union, which is probably the only "normal" sport I care about. This is almost certainly due to my birth and upbringing in New Zealand, which has (pretty objectively) the best team in the world. Tonight's game was the second semi-final of the World Cup, with New Zealand playing Australia. New Zealand won convincingly and, within seconds of the game finishing, my parents called me to discuss the game and generally just be happy about the result. I don't mind at all, it's far better than in summer when they want to talk about the cricket, which is possibly the most boring sport in existence.



I still haven't watched all the first episodes of the shows I'm interested in at the moment, but Fate/Zero is making me want to reread Fate/Stay Night instead of working through these other shows. I haven't read a VN in a while now so I'm fine with that, but I probably shouldn't reread F/SN when there's plenty of titles that I still haven't read once. I've got Symphonic Rain, True Remembrance and Sekien no Inganock sitting on my hard drive waiting to go, so if you want to recommend me one of these (or any other VN) to read instead then I'd appreciate that.

I initially had some big post written up about completely different stuff, but decided I didn't like it and deleted it all. Such is life.

3 comments:

  1. Fate/Zero is definitely something to watch this season. Guilty Crown got some potential but episode 1 isn't enough to judge it just yet.

    Your blog seems interesting so I'll be following you. I hope that you check out my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been slacking off from SC as well. There's just too many games now and I don't feel the need to watch all of them. It's also getting harder and harder to feel excited about SC when I no longer play it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a lot of shows to watch this season. Most which I'll be skipping since I can't keep up with it all.

    ReplyDelete