Tuesday 20 November 2012

Holidays

I haven't posted here in ages, even by my own terribly lax standards. That's what happens when final exams are on the horizon, it can't be helped. But that's all over now, and I'm done for the year! The exams were really tough, and not in a fair way, so I hope I did alright. The day after finishing, as if to commiserate with me, a massive thunderstorm descended on the city and my windows were pelted by golf ball sized hailstones. I sat out on my deck for a while and watched the lightning. It was a nice evening.

Flan's wings kinda look like Christmas lights. She even has a present for you!


Now that I've finally got some free time on my hands, I've been hard at work catching up on shows from this season and last. Currently I'm watching:
Chuu2koi - Why does every LN ever have to have a stupidly long name that tries to explain the entire show in a sentence? It's got the usual KyoAni quality to it, and Rikka is pretty cute, though so far Hyouka is still my favourite KyoAni show in recent history.
Jormungand 2 - I'm still catching up on this one so I can't say too much about it yet, though early indications suggest that Koko is still loco.
Psycho-Pass - I went into this with low expectations which it's somewhat exceeding so far, though it could still go either way. It's got a bit of a GitS vibe to it, and I'm looking forward to seeing where Urobuchi takes it.
Robotics;Notes - This took ages to get going, but it looks like some plot is finally happening. I'm not really surprised, Steins;Gate was much the same. The protag has been a bit less annoying as of late, which is a trend I'm hoping continues. It's still too early to say too much about this though.
Shin Sekai Yori - I thought it started out great until it hit the episodes where Saki and whatshisface run around with rats, though I'm hoping it's picking up a bit now. The pacing is pretty slow. The reactions on /a/ to the guys kissing are pretty hilarious.

I also watched Joshiraku. I didn't watch it as it was airing since I didn't find the first episode that funny, but I decided to give it another go because I liked SZS. It was pretty decent, though rarely laugh-out-loud funny, so I'm glad I ended up watching it.

Her socks not so much, but who's complaining?


Apparently it's Christmas soon. The stores are all playing Christmas carols and have trees and decorations up. I haven't really done anything Christmassy myself though, I don't even have a tree. I was considering participating in the secret santa thing that /a/ was doing but I thought better of it. I'd probably get a turd in a box. Which  at least means that the sender really put themselves into the gift in a technical sense, but still isn't the sort of thing I'd like to get in the mail.

I hope everyone is going well.

1 comment:

  1. >Why does every LN ever have to have a stupidly long name

    It's the new thing now, just like how 4 syllable names were before. If you want an LN rant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQCX6tIzC4

    ReplyDelete